Library Information for Chemistry: Home
Information to help find Chemistry resources
Library information for Chemistry
Welcome to the library guide for chemistry. The library has journals, databases, books, videos, face to face help with research and writing, chat and online help with research papers, and more. Use the tabs above for these pages:
- The Hacherl Research & Writing Studio: located in Haggard Hall, a first stop for help with understanding an assignment, getting started, exploring ideas, finding scholarly peer-reviewed journal articles, writing research papers,and citation information.
- OneSearch: the Western Libraries' catalog. Discover research materials with a shared catalog of many libraries, borrow books using Summit as easy as finding a book in the library, think of it as one library made up of research libraries in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
- Encyclopedias: a preliminary search for background information in chemistry. Ask for help to locate specific resources.
- Databases: a short list of subject databases supporting in-depth research in chemistry.
- Journals: a preliminary search for biology journals owned by Western Libraries. Search specific titles in the OneSearch search box on the library home page.
- Inter Library Loan: When you need a journal article that is not owned by Western Libraries, use ILLiad, our inter library loan service. Never pay for journal articles online.
- Citation Guides: APA, MLA, Chicago, Council of Science Editors, ACS, IEEE, Geology, and more.
- Zotero: the research management bibliography software of choice recommended by Western Libraries. Help available to get started and use all functions and features of the software.