Women's History: Archival & Primary Resources : Archival Resources at Western
Western Libraries Special Collections
Contact Special Collections to find out more about resources including:
- WWU Student Newspapers (1899-present)
- WWU Student Yearbooks (Klipsun, 1913-1970)
- Campus History Collection Photographs
- Student Handbooks.
WWU Archives and Records Center
Contact WWU Archives and Records Center to find out more about records of the following:
- American Association of University Women, 1937-2006
- Associated Women Students Activities, 1939-1965
- Blue Barnacles (synchronized swim club), 1941-1972
- Commission for Women, 1988-1996
- Dean of Women Reports, 1916-1919
- Women’s Studies, 1975-2004
- Women's Athletics
- Women's League of the Normal School, 1923-1938
- Women's Recreation Association, 1920-1972
Locating Primary Sources on Campus
Many of the resources housed by Heritage Resources programs document different aspects of campus, local and regional women's history. Contact staff at the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Western Libraries Special Collections and the WWU Archives with questions about how to find and access resources on a particular topic.
Center for Pacific Northwest Studies
CPNWS houses 300+ collections relating to local and regional history. In addition to the suggested collections listed below, try searching the CPNWS website for information about "women," family or personal papers, oral histories or photographs.
Western Libraries Heritage Resources provides for responsible stewardship of and access to unique and archival resources in support of teaching, learning and resarch at Western Washington University and beyond. The Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Special Collections, and University Archives and Records Management work together to document the culture and history of Western, the local community and Pacific Northwest region, and to promote public and scholarly access to holdings.