Information for Communication Faculty: Welcome!
Library Resources for Faculty
Welcome to the WWU Libraries' Guide for Communication Faculty!
Here, you can find more information about library resources for you and your students. I can partner with you on the following endeavors:
- One-on-one Research Support: I can schedule appointments with students and instructors for research assistance, to work one-on-one with you in an office setting – away from the busy Reference Desk.
- Lectures/Instruction: I can provide instruction sessions designed to introduce students to library resources and advanced research methods.
- Personalized (Discipline-Specific) Library Tours: I would be happy to lead general, or discipline-specific, library tours to students throughout each quarter.
- Personalized LibGuides: An acronym for ‘Library Guide,’ LibGuides are course or discipline-specific websites that faculty can direct their students to in order to find relevant library resources. I’ve included examples here for you to get a better idea of what is available to you and your students: COMM 220 and COMM 428.
- Email Newsletters & Library-Based Assignments: I can provide email-based newsletters intended to remind students of a specific feature that could benefit their research and academic work – such as the Reference Desk, the Circulation Desk, Writing Center, Tutoring Center, and much more. Furthermore, I’m happy to partner with any instructors to create a library-based assignment.
Note for Library Instruction Sessions: I do insist on faculty/instructors being present in the class while I teach, as I find students are more engaged.