Resources & Services for Area Schools & Colleges
Whatcom One Card
The One Card program allows anyone who lives or goes to school in Whatcom County to check out library materials from any public or academic library in the county, and to return items to any participating library in Whatcom County. For details and information about requirements, click on the link below:
About Western Libraries
Welcome to Western Libraries!
Library facilities and events are open to all members of our community.
The main library complex consists of the Mabel Zoe Wilson Library and the Haggard Wing. The Western Libraries also include:
Use of Library Resources
Visitors from the wider community are welcome to use the library resources:
- Use of public-access library computers - Access the library catalog, electronic databases and other library resources, as well as the World Wide Web and web-based email. Please request a password to use our public workstations at the Circulation Services Desk on Haggard 2. Picture ID is required. Usage is limited to 1 hour per day.
- In-library use of most materials - Includes books, journals, newspapers, government documents, microforms, audio/visual recordings, and periodical indexes and databases. For more information, see Borrowing Materials: Courtesy/Community Borrowers or contact Circulation Services at (360) 650-3084.
- Fee-based printing and photocopying - Use your Western Libraries Courtesy/Community Card as a copy card. Add money to your card at machines in the library to pay for printing from library computers and to make photocopies. Coin operated copy machines are also available. Cost for photocopying is $.06/page. If you are not eligible or do not want a Courtesy/Community Card, you can purchase a copy card at the library. The card costs $1.00 and you will need to add money to the card to make copies.
- Whatcom One Card - The One Card program allows anyone who lives or goes to school in Whatcom County to check out library materials from any public or academic library in the county, and to return items to any participating library in Whatcom County. For more information, click on the link above or go to the Whatcom One Card guide.
- Library Guides: Available online through the library web site, these guides describe services and collections, provide assistance in locating and using library resources, and include our extensive collection of subject research guides and bibliographies.
- Assistance at service desks - Go to the Info Desk on Wilson 2 for research and technology assistance, and to the Circulation Services Desk on Haggard 2 for library account help.
Please note that visitors do not have access to the WWU computer labs or interlibrary loan service.
Ask Us! Research Services
Ask Us! Research Service - Anything, Anytime, Anywhere!
Library help is available for all your information and research needs. Just click on the link below to contact us in any of the following ways: