Library Home Page
Course Reserves: General Information for Instructors
Set up, Request & access course reserves; guidelines and FAQs, using the Canvas Course Management System
Contact (360) 650-7593
Library Card: Your Western ID Card is your library card.
Current students, faculty, and staff obtain an ID card at the Western Card Office. Call 650-7414.
Access Your Accounts
Renew materials, review requests, course reserves, etc.
Faculty may arrange for a student assistant to check out materials for them
by completing a Proxy Borrower form. For information, call Circulation Services, 650-3084.
Circulation Information & Assistance: (360) 650-3084 email: Lib.CircReserves@wwu.edu
Interlibrary Loan, Summit, & Document Delivery Services for WWU Graduate Students
Use Onesearch on the Library homepage to search Summit, the combined catalog of WWU Libraries and the Orbis Cascade Alliance, accessing the collections of 37 private and public universities, colleges, and community colleges in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
Borrowing is currently limited to books, videos, and microforms. To request journal articles, use ILL(Illiad).
- Summit requests are limited to circulating materials and are typically delivered within 3-5 business days.
- Summit requests are typically held for you at Haggard Circulation.
- Request Summit items from within OneSearch or WorldCat
Interlibrary Loan (Illiad)
Set up an Illiad Account Faculty and graduate students have no request limit.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) supports the research needs of current WWU faculty, students, and staff by allowing authorized users to request materials (books, articles) from other libraries that are not available online, or via Summit.
ILLiad/Interlibrary Loan includes the following services:
- A personalized ILLiad account to submit requests and set your user preferences.
To create your account, follow the “Renew/Request ILL materials” link from the library homepage & use your universal login to register.
- ILLiad supports both journal article and physical item requests.
- PDFs are often delivered through your ILLiad account in 1-2 business days.
- For books and other loanables allow for 10 or more business days to arrive.
- Graduate students are also welcome to make purchase requests through ILLiad. Library staff will evaluate each request and notify the requestor upon receipt.
Document Delivery Services: Graduate Students are now eligible for this service, in which library staff pull books and scan articles that are owned locally. These services include:
- Delivery of Graduate materials requires a pre-established delivery location.
- Document delivery requests will typically be processed in less than one business day.
- All articles requested in ILLiad and owned by WWU Libraries in print or electronic form will be delivered to your ILLiad account as an easy to download PDF.
- All circulating materials requested in ILLiad and owned by Western Libraries will be pulled from the shelf and left for pickup at the Circulation Desk. Physical items owned by Western can also be requested in OneSearch.
Can’t come to the library? For delivery of physical items, please feel free to contact the Resource Sharing department to discuss additional delivery options, including delivery to a department mailbox or a home address.
Contact The Resource Sharing Department at 360-650-3076 or email@example.com
Hardware, Software & More...
Rooms are equipped with a large screen LCD monitor & an interactive whiteboard. Write notes, display images, capture notes to Blackboard, and more.
We also have regular study rooms for groups.
Need a room for 1 person only? Ask at the Circulation Desk: 650-3084