This and other Research and Writing Canvas modules are available for your course:
- Research and Writing (full version of this guide, individual sections also available)
- Critical Reading Strategies
- Getting Started with Problem/ Inquiry
- Finding Sources
- Research Management with Zotero
- Revising and Editing
Please contact Team Science for support in loading or embedding this content, requesting a Research & Writing Workshop, and other services.
Materials in this guide were created in part by the Hacherl Research and Writing Studio and Western Librarians. Materials were informed by evidence-based curricular strategies focused on building equity into academic literacies praxis. The Teaching & Learning Division of Western Libraries considers the following four learning outcomes in all instructional design and delivery:
- Use and value INQUIRY for gaining and sharing knowledge
- COLLABORATE as members of a diverse intellectual community
- Demonstrate a sense of AGENCY for managing one’s own learning
- EVALUATE and challenge traditional and oppressive norms
Contact Western Librarians to collaborate on research and writing tools and instruction for your students!