Western Research Repository: Home
Cal Poly Documents
Scholarly resource sharing
These are links to resources that are not strictly repositories, but include aspects of scholarly communication. Many include aspects of social media.
Marisa Ramirez WWU Campus Presentation
The Western Research Repository is a proposed digital center to preserve and disseminate the research and scholarship of the Western community. This repository would make Western's scholarly output globally accessible from a single online location.
Opportunities and Objectives
- Demonstrate our value as a public institution to the community, region and state.
- Assist faculty with tenure and promotion by providing access to their scholarship and research.
- Satisfy government mandates to make federally funded research available to the public.
- Foster visibility of Western’s research and scholarship nationally and internationally.
- Facilitate scholarly communication, exchange of knowledge and faculty student collaboration.
Repository Content Possibilities
- Previously published articles
- Unpublished materials such as conference presentations
- Data sets
- Western journals
- Teaching portfolios
- University publications
ARL: A bimonthly report: special double issue on university publishing. (2007). no. 252/253
Bell, Suzanne; Foster, Nancy Fried; Gibbons, Susan. (2005). Reference librarians and the success of institutional repositories. Reference Services Review 33(3), 283-290
Hahn, Karla L. Talk about talking about new models of scholarly communication. The Journal of Electronic Publishing, 11(1)
Howard, Jennifer. Digital Repositories Foment a Quiet Revolution in Scholarship Chronicle of Higher Education. (2010) June 13, 2010.
Johnson, Richard K. (2002). Institutional repositories: Partnering with faculty to enhance scholarly communication. D-Lib Magazine, 8(11)
Kirchner, Joy. (2009). Scholarly communications: planning for the integration of liaison librarian roles. Research Library Issues 265, 22-28
Royster, Paul. (2007). Publishing original content in an institutional repository. Serials Review
Schulenburger, David. (2008). Keynote, SPARC Digital Repositories Meeting
Walters, Tyler O. (2007). Reinventing the library-how repositories are causing librarians to rethink their professional roles. portal: Libraries and the Academy 7(2), 213–225