MGMT 481: Managing Cultural Diversity: Business and Cultural Comunication Resources
These are not the only search terms to use, these are suggested phrases to start with. Use the tools available in the databses to help you narrow and filter your search.
Example: Doing business in China
Example Search Terms:
- Doing business [and] China
- Business communication [and] China
- Interpersonal relations [and] China
- Corporate culture [and] China
- China -- Social Life & Customs
- Communication & Culture [and] China
- Organizational behavior [and] China
These may seem similar, they will all return slightly different results. These terms can be used in the databases listed below and the library catalog. Remember, each database may use different search phrases and terms because they focus on different topics.
Country and Business Culture
Keyword Catalog Search
We have numerous books relating to doing business in different countries and intercultural communiction. Some of these searches will find the same items, but each search is slightly different.
Some search tips:
- Search: "doing business in [country name]" (without quotes). This will search the entire catalog record for these words and will find variations on this title.
- Search: "cross-cultural communications" (without quotes). This will find some general books and resources on intercultural communications.
- Search: "intercultural communications [country name]" (without quotes). This will find some books and resources on intercultural communications and your country.
- Search: "business communication [country name]" (without quotes). This will find some books and resources on business communications and your country.
Once you do a search in OneSearch, select "Available in Library" from the top of the page to see items (books, articles, films, etc) that are available to be checked out. Use the filters on the left sinde of the page to filtet items but format, date, etc.