Brainstorm for topics by using one of these strategies.
- Free write: write without stopping for a set, short time. Opens up mind to new possibilities; generates a variety of ideas
- Make a list of possible topics. Generates ideas quickly; more organized and linear than free write
- Talk to peers about your ideas. Explore ideas deeper; get immediate feedback
As you go, ask yourself:
- What am I interested in, personally?
- What information from the course has been most engaging?
- What do I already know about this subject?
Use the guiding principles in the 5-minute video where to make your Lines of Inquiry:
→ Multidimensional and complex
→ Narrow in focus
→ Specific in language
Then, use your questions and their potential as additional words and phrases when you search.