MKTG 483: Advertising & Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communications Approach: Company & Industry Research
Company Research Tips:
- Publicly-traded companies will be easier to research than private companies.
- You will use a mix of library resources (Mergent, Business Source Complete) and online resources.
- Some companies are easier to research than others. Companies and brands are merged and absorbed regularly, and this can make finding even recent information difficult.
- Just because you want a certain piece of information doesn't mean it is available.
- Sometimes you will have to make an educated guess.
- Always check the company's website for information, especially the 10Ks and proxy statements.
- Wall Street Journal has a great page on How to Read a Proxy Statement.
Remember: Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!