MKTG 483: Advertising & Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communications Approach: Company & Industry Research
Company Research Tips:
- Publicly-traded companies will be easier to research than private companies.
- You will use a mix of library resources (Mergent, Business Source Complete) and online resources.
- Some companies are easier to research than others. Companies and brands are merged and absorbed regularly, and this can make finding even recent information difficult.
- Just because you want a certain piece of information doesn't mean it is available.
- Sometimes you will have to make an educated guess.
- Always check the company's website for information, especially the 10Ks and proxy statements.
- Wall Street Journal has a great page on How to Read a Proxy Statement.
Remember: Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!
Wilson Library 271
Subjects:Accounting, Anthropology, Business, Canadian Studies, Communication Sciences & Disorders, Course Guides, Decision Sciences, Economics, Education, FIGs, Finance, Health, Health and Human Development, Human Services, International Business, International Studies, Library Science, Library Services, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Medicine, Nursing, Political Science, Rehabilitation Counseling, Sociology, Tax, Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies