Welcome to OneSearch ... 2.0!
Drawing upon feedback from the 2015 Library Use Surveys, usability sessions, and user analytics, the OneSearch Management Team at Western Libraries has redesigned the library catalog to improve the functionality and clarity of OneSearch and also introduce new features designed to enrich the research experience. This new and improved design has replaced the former configuration. Please see the attached documents below for further information on these changes.
Questions or feedback? Contact us at email@example.com.
OneSearch is Western Libraries catalog, and its unique search interface allows patrons to simultaneously search several article databases, catalogs, and other data sources for books, journal articles, videos, scores, maps, and more! As a shared catalog for the Orbis Cascade Alliance (Summit), which is a consortium of 37 academic libraries across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, OneSearch contains 8.8 million titles and over 26 million resources.
OneSearch offers our patrons major advantages, such as:
- Breadth of Resources from a Single Search Interface: Using the ‘Books, Articles + More’ scope, patrons can search for content across databases and catalogs. For a full list of data sources, please refer to this list.
- Browse Searching: Browse by author, title, subject heading, SUDOC number, and Library of Congress call number within OneSearch.
- Known Journal Title Searching: Need access to a specific journal? Search by journal title in the A-Z Journals interface.
- Heritage Resources: Search for, and retrieve, item records that detail holdings within Western Washington University’s Heritage Resources Department, including Western Libraries Special Collections, University Records & Archives, and the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies.
- Research & Library Services Management: Manage your research and library services experience through the My Account functionality. Save items, searches, and more to your e-Shelf.