OneSearch: Western Washington University Libraries Catalog
OneSearch is Western Libraries' catalog. Here is what you should know:
- Discover Research Materials: The catalog's unique search interface allows patrons to simultaneously search several article databases, catalogs, and other data sources for books, journal articles, videos, scores, maps, and more!
- Shared Catalog: As a shared catalog for the Orbis Cascade Alliance (Summit), which is a consortium of 39 academic libraries across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, OneSearch contains 8.8 million titles and over 26 million resources.
- Request Materials at Point-of-Need: You can request an item through the catalog, or submit an Inter-Library Loan request.
- Search Scopes: Search scopes determine how many results you retrieve, and from where. Please see the infographic below for more details.
Using the Library Catalog
Search Strategy Alert: Did you know that the default search mechanism on OneSearch is by keyword?
Knowing some key features in OneSearch will greatly enhance your search experience. Learn about...
- What is OneSearch?
- Search Scopes
- What databases does OneSearch search?
- I'm getting too many results. How can I narrow my results?
- How do I find books in OneSearch?
- What's the difference between "Access Options" and "Request Options" in OneSearch?
- What is the Virtual Browse function in OneSearch?
Explore more OneSearch FAQs here.