OneSearch: Western Washington University Libraries Catalog
OneSearch is Western Libraries' catalog. Here is what you should know:
- Discover Research Materials: The catalog's unique search interface allows patrons to simultaneously search several article databases, catalogs, and other data sources for books, journal articles, videos, scores, maps, and more!
- Shared Catalog: As a shared catalog for the Orbis Cascade Alliance (Summit), which is a consortium of 38 academic libraries across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, OneSearch contains 8.8 million titles and over 26 million resources.
- Request Materials at Point-of-Need: You can request an item through the catalog, or submit an InterLibrary Loan request.
- Search Scopes: Search scopes determine how many results you retrieve, and from where.
Using the Library Catalog
Search Strategy Alert: Did you know that the default search mechanism on OneSearch is by keyword?
Knowing some key features in OneSearch will greatly enhance your search experience. Learn about...
- What is OneSearch?
- Search Scopes
- What databases does OneSearch search?
- I'm getting too many results. How can I narrow my results?
- How do I find books in OneSearch?
- What's the difference between "Access Options" and "Request Options" in OneSearch?
Also, be sure to take advantage of the Boolean Search Operators functionality in OneSearch (Learn more about that on our pages about boolean operators, excluding search terms, and using the "or" operator) and other advanced search strategies such as:
Explore more OneSearch FAQs here.