OneSearch: How do I report problems?
When reporting issues to the OneSearch Management Team, the following strategies may enhance our discovery, and resolution, of issues.
Please direct e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your e-mail, please include the following details...
- Location: Are on- or off-campus?
- Browser / OS: Which Web browser are you using? Which operating system are you using (Windows, Android, etc.)?
- Mobile or Desktop: Are you using a mobile device?
- Authentication: Are you signed into OneSearch?
- Details: Include as much detail as possible in your e-mail and/or report.
- URL: Include the full URL from your Web browser in the e-mail.
- Screenshots / Videos: Take screenshots or a short video of the problem, and include it in the e-mail.
- Jing (http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html): Jing is a free application that allows you to easily capture, and share, screenshots and videos with others. The installation and use of the software is very easy. If you have a microphone or headset, you can also narrate your videos.
- Permalinks: If a specific search in OneSearch is causing trouble, use the permalink feature to generate a permanent link to the search, and include that permalink in your trouble ticket or e-mail. We can use the permalink to replicate and diagnose the problem.