Research and Writing in Plastics & Composites Engineering: Get Started
Research & Writing Process
- Know the process and make a plan for it.
- Use the strategy: Problem statements / Lines of Inquiry = Δ Problem.
- Search for stuff in 4 Places.
- Get access to stuff.
- Review and analyze your assignment compared to your current stuff.
- Collect your research citations.
- Write your literature review or presentation.
Step 1: Know and Plan the Process
Use the Assignment Calculator to hold space for the iterative process of research and writing. Log in to Google to get your own copy.
Step 2: Question Your Problem
Problem statements / Lines of Inquiry = Δ Problem.
Use the guiding principles in the 5-minute video where to make your Lines of Inquiry:
→ Multidimensional and complex
→ Narrow in focus
→ Specific in language
Then, use your questions and their potential as additional words and phrases when you search.