JOUR 404 -- Feature Writing Online: Cinematic Journalism
In-depth article, column and persuasive writing; development of ideas, gathering of materials and writing; special attention to individual interests; exploration of freelance writing markets.
Feature writing stresses cinematic techniques, and some of the most successful works have become great movies:
- Into the Wild, (book) Into the Wild (movie) is Jon Krakauer's story of a young man's tragic effort to live in the Alaskan Wilderness.
- All the President's Men (book) All the President's Men (movie) deals with uncovering the Watergate scandal that forced the resignation of President Richard Nixon.
- The Insider (movie) is about the repercussions of a Sixty Minutes investigation into Big Tobacco, when the main source, a research chemist, faces threats and intimidation.
- In Cold Blood (book) In Cold Blood (movie), by Truman Capote, and the movie Capote about his life.
- Citizen Kane (movie) is a complex examination of a fictional newspapers tycoon's life, based on William Randolph Hearst.
Arts & Humanities Team
Subjects: American Cultural Studies, Art, Communication Studies, Creative Writing, Dance, East Asian Studies, English, History, International Studies, Journalism, Languages, Modern and Classical, Law, Liberal Studies, Literature, American, Literatures in English, World, Philosophy, Religion, Theatre Arts, Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies