Business & Economics Research Guide: International Business
Political & Economic Information
These resources can be used for political and economic information as well as general country information. Remember, you need to relate this to your firm and to foreign investment.
Statistics & Financial Information
Use the sources below to gather statistics and background on your country and region. Fill in the information and get some context for your industry by using the articles and country reports from Business Source Complete and newspaper articles from ProQuest Newspapers.
Trade & Regulatory Information
Country Reports: Business Source Complete
This is a list of country reports available in Business Source Complete. Different reports will be available depending on multiple factors. Example: An emerging economy won't have as many in-depth reports as an established economy.
- Country Monitor: (IHS Global Insight) Country reports, including econmic risk, forcast and growth.
- Country Inteligence: (IHS Global Insight): Includes economic growth, consumer demands, monetary policy, external trade partners, and more.
- Country Profile: (Marketline) Includes overview of political, economics, technological, and legal landscape
- Business Monitor International publications: the "Monitor" publications: Asia Monitor, Latin America Monitor, Emerging Markets Monitor, etc.)
- Background Notes: (US State Dept publications)
- Country Review: Each Country Review covers geographical, political, economic, corporate, and environmental information; includes a segment on investment climate.
- Some OECD: publications from Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Political Risk Yearbook
International Industry Information